Sunday, March 20, 2011

Coordinates Collections March Blog Hop Challenge


Here's my entry to CC's latest hop challenge, create a layout that includes machine or hand-stitching.

I am sooo into stitching right now, incorporating it in my layouts, cards, and most especially, in my DIY hand-made flowers. However, I prefer to use stitching more as a decorative accent, not taking away the focus from a layout's photo. I don't want too many stitches on a layout or card.

Take a look at the mini rolled paper flowers that I made, with pearl brads in the center. I grouped them with yellow leaves, Prima crytal swirls and Bo Bunny floral trims. Love, love, love 'em! :D



I love making a mini-version of the patterned papers and embellishments used on a layout, like this one which I placed on the upper left corner:


The designs on both the Circa 1934 papers really complement each other well:


Special shoutout to fellow Filipina scrapper-friend, Isay. I got the idea of hand-cutting the images in Circa 1934 Ginger paper and then rolling it a bit, from her. Thank you!!!


One of my fave subjects, my niece, Makayla:


Materials used in this layout are also from Coordinates Collections. I used their January "Amish Quilt" kit, featuring Cosmo Cricket's Circa 1934 line. Gosh, I love the papers and embellishments! It's so chic and vintage-y. :)

Have a Blessed Sunday and TFL!

No comments: